HIPAA and Legal Compliance
NRS 629.053 Health care records: Disclosure on Internet by State Board of Health and certain regulatory boards concerning destruction of records; regulations.
- The State Board of Health and each board created pursuant to chapter 630, 630A, 631, 632, 633, 634, 634A, 635, 636, 637, 637A, 637B, 640, 640A, 640B, 640C, 641, 641A, 641B or 641C of NRS shall post on its website on the Internet, if any, a statement which discloses that:
- Pursuant to the provisions of subsection 7 of NRS 629.051
- The health care records of a person who is less than 23 years of age may not be destroyed; and
- The health care records of a person who has attained the age of 23 years may be destroyed for those records which have been retained for at least 5 years or for any longer period provided by federal law; and
- Except as otherwise provided in subsection 7 of NRS 629.051 and unless a longer period is provided by federal law, the health care records of a patient who is 23 years of age or older may be destroyed after 5 years pursuant to subsection 1 of NRS 629.051.
- The State Board of Health shall adopt regulations prescribing the contents of the statements required pursuant to this section.
(Added to NRS by 2009, 2549)